Sunday, August 4, 2013

A new family member at The Veranda.....

Sometimes, I have an idea in my head of something I want for my house.  Something specific, with a specific price in mind.  Well, I was out shopping the other day, looking for this little item.  (I am searching for a tray to use on the ottoman in our den to corral the remotes, coasters, etc.)  I know the size, style, and even price that I want.  I have not been able to find it, but I will!

Anyway, I stopped into HomeGoods Sunday afternoon, seeking my tray.  Of course, I was unable to find just want I wanted.  But what I did find was........THIS!!!!






Meet Elizabeth......I have been looking for a mannequin to use as a display for the jewelry and scarves I have been working on.  I found some on-line, ranging in price from $49-$554!  The $49 mannequins were, quite honestly, ugly. And I'm not willing to spend $554!  (Although, those were rather pretty.  Vintage, covered in linen, and way out of my budget!) 



I found Elizabeth sitting in the clearance section marked down to $50.  She had only been $60, but the only defect was the rhinestones around her middle were coming off.  That was fine by me!  I might take them completely off.  Rhine-stones are not my thing!



Why Elizabeth?  My paternal Grandmother's name was Elizabeth, and it's also The Other Sister's middle name.  I always thought if I ever had another daughter, I would name her Elizabeth Hope, after my sisters.  Alas, no more daughters will be had by this Nana's body, so the mannequin will have to do.  The good thing?  No potty-training, or teen angst, or college tuition to pay!  Woohoo!


Make it an awesome day!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment