Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday!!!!

Oh my goodness!  I am the world's worst blogger!  So sorry....no excuses, though.  Just disorganization.  Or laziness.  (Don't judge me.  I'm keepin' it real!)

By now all the kiddos are back in school.  My "baby" started college.  For the first time in a very long time I do not have to deal with all the stresses of a new school year...or do I????  Instead, my son is now responsible for his classes, homework, etc., etc.  It's been strange, but it's ok.  I'm learning to let go, and let him be an adult.  I realize my purpose on this earth is more than being a mom.  I guess you're never too old to learn, right?

Anyway....you all know I've been on Weight Watchers, and I've lost about 13 lbs, so far.  Not bad in 2 months, but I've hit a plateau.  I need to get activity in somewhere.  My complaint with WW is as you lose weight, you lose daily points to use, unless you earn them with exercise.  NO FAIR!!!!  In my mind I should get more points for losing, but since I'm the one who needs to lose the weight, what the heck do I know???? So, I need to get active.  Give me your input.  What are your favorite ways to be active????

While you think about activity, contemplate this delicious little recipe.  My love makes it for me, and it has quickly become my favorite dish!!!  Two reasons, big flavor and only 1 point per serving!!!!!!  That is a WIN in my book!

Thai Cucumber Salad 
(this is the name I've given the recipe.  Not sure what it's really called,
but when I ask for Thai Cucumber Salad, he knows what I want.  He's good like that!

2 cucumbers, sliced paper thin (save 1/4 of a cucumber
and shred it)
1 tomato, sliced paper thin
1/2 serano chili, seeded and deveined
Juice from 1 lime
5 shakes fish sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp sugar

Mix all together, and let marinate a few hours before serving.  My love likes it at room temp.  I like it at any temp!  He does not measure anything, so this is approximate and to taste.  This makes 3-4 servings, depending on who you're serving.  If I'm eating, it's 3 servings!  Have I told you how much I love this dish?  At just 1 point per serving, it's all good!!!  Give this a try, and let me know what you think.

So what is your favorite way to get some activity in?  I need ideas!  Exercise is not my most favorite thing in the world to do!  And a person can only eat so many cucumbers!

Make it an awesome day!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment