Sunday, November 25, 2012

I am not lost.....

Yes, I am still here!  We are closing in on the end of the year, and I realized many things have gone undone.  For instance, my linen closet door needs re-hung.  My sister's room needs painting.  My carpets need shampooed.  And most important, my poor little blog has gone untouched for 2 months.  No worries.  Sometimes life gets in the way of good intentions.

The love of my life injured his back 2 months ago, and has been off work.  Fortunately, he returned to work last night.  That injury cost him a lot, not only financially, but emotionally.  He does not have to have surgery, at this time.  He returned to the job that caused the injury, and I pray he does not re-injure himself.  We are looking at other options for him.  Hopefully, we will figure this out before something else happens.

During his 2 months off work, we were able to take a much needed vacation.  Nothing like a week away from the stresses of everyday life.  I'm so thankful we were able to get away.  I believe the respite was healing for him.  I know it was for me.

During all of this craziness, my son moved into an apartment with 3 friends.  So, for the first time in 25 years, neither of my kids are living in my house.  I won't lie....I am struggling with finding my purpose.  It's a very strange feeling.  I'm proud of both of my children, and I can appreciate their need for independence.  However, their independence has left a gap in my heart.  I know they will always need their mom.  And, more honesty, I enjoy having a hot shower.  Less laundry to do.  No dirty dishes left in the living room.  When I want to eat a banana, there are plenty.  I think what I feel is a lack of focus.  I had to get up every morning, and make sure they got off to school.  I came home after work to make sure they ate dinner. I had laundry to do, schedules to keep, and all that goes with being a busy mom of young children.  So...now what?  I am struggling to find out.  And figure it out, I will.  My love is very supportive, and patient!  My circle of friends are the best!  Most important, no matter how they get, or how far away they go, they will always be my babies.

Make it an awesome day!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment