Wednesday, July 25, 2012

 



Look at them.  Aren't they adorable?  Well, maybe adorable isn't the right word considering they are adults.  It doesn't matter, because they will always be my babies.


She is 24, he is 18.  This photo was taken last fall.  Never have two people made me happy, made me cry, exasperate me, and humble me the way these two have.  During my divorce, there were days I got out of bed only for them. I would've just given up, but I knew they needed me.  They are my reason why, my greatest joy, and make me so proud.  I am blessed beyond belief, and so thankful to God for giving me the honor of being their mom.


Over the last couple of months she has been dealing with some health issues.    She is fine because the doctor caught it early, thank you, Jesus.  Yesterday, she posted this on her facebook:


I've learned after these past few months, NEVER say NEVER. If you think something can't/won't happen to you, it probably will.... Don't take life for granted, cherish every moment you have, you never know when your time is up...

Wise words from my girl.  It's interesting to me that she posted this because she works for Hospice, and death is part of her daily work life.  She is so good at what she does.  She amazes me.  I've realized what a strong woman she has become, and I believe that strength has helped her work through the emotional roller coaster she has been on for the last few months.  Well, that and lots of prayer.


So, listen to my girl.  Cherish this life, because it's the only one you have.  Thank God everyday for the blessings He gives you, and never let anyone doubt how much you love them.  "You never know when your time is up....."


Make it an awesome day!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment