Sunday, July 22, 2012

TAH DAH!!!!!


I am a stress eater.  There, I said it.  For all the world to know.  I realized I was a stress eater when I was going through my divorce a few years ago.  I was have a perfectly fine day, driving down the road, singing at the top of my lungs to the radio.  I saw my soon-to-be ex-husband driving down the road in the opposite direction.  All of a sudden I craved a hot fudge sundae so bad that if I didn't get it I was afraid I would hyperventilate.  I drove straight over to Dairy Queen and indulged in a large hot fudge sundae, with extra hot fudge, thank you very much.  And afterward.....felt like crap.  I was not the least bit hungry when I ate that sundae, and felt so miserable afterward I wanted to lay down and sleep the rest of the day away.

My love and I have been together for 2 years, and during that time I've put on about 12 pounds.  Now, our relationship has had it's up and downs like all relationships.  Add the stress of everyday life, and this Nana is starting to look like a Butterball turkey.  I decided it has to stop.  Now.  So about a month ago I decided to join Weight Watchers online.  It has been one of the best decisions of my life.  In 4 weeks I have lost 9 lbs, and that is only changing the way I eat.  I haven't added exercise like I should.  (Have I told you time is something I seem to run out of everyday!)  I have a ways to go,  but I am so happy and excited about this program!

The best thing about this weight-loss journey  is that My Love is very supportive.  He truly does not care if I lose the weight or not.  He wants me to be happy and healthy, and toting this extra weight makes me neither.  He knows I have a chocolate addiction, 2nd only to my diet coke addiction, and is always looking for treats I can have that won't blow my points.  He is willing to give up butter in exchange for heart healthier spreads.  And he joined a gym with me, even though that time thing is in the way again.  I love him so much for all of his support.

Some of you may know this little recipe, but I'm usually late with this kind of thing.  I found it on Pinterest (don't you love Pinterest?), and it's only 2 WW points per cupcake.  YAHOO!!!!  Music to my ears!

All you need is a sugar-free cake mix (chocolate, of course), a 15 oz can of pumpkin, and 6 oz of chocolate chips. Mix the cake mix and pumpkin until well blended.  The batter will be very thick, so use a mixer.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners, and I spray them with non-stick spray.  You can fill the tins almost to the top.  I try to round them off, and make them as uniform in shape and size as possible.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 min.  DELICIOUS!!!!  Do they take the place of my Grandma's homemade chocolate cake and icing? No, but they cure my mid afternoon chocolate craving,  and do not blow my points for the day.  That's a win for me!!!

Oh, and the stress-eating thing?  When I start craving some random thing I ask myself what is stressing me out?  Then, I get busy.  I clean, I pray, I craft, or sometimes go for a walk.  Don't misunderstand, because I am a work in progress.  I am not perfect in this process, but I've come a long way, baby......

Make it an awesome day!


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment