Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ooh baby, baby!!!

My love has 2 nieces expecting babies within weeks of each other.  I have met one niece, but not the other.  I hope to someday.  It doesn't matter, though.  Babies on the way mean this Nana is craftin'!

Niece #1 is the niece I have not met.  She and her husband are expecting their 1st baby, a girl.  I  had this flannel in my stash.  Stitched the two pieces together, then crocheted around the edge.  Very sweet and feminine, I think!  (Please forgive the photography.  I'm a better crafter than photographer!)




Niece #2 and hubby are expecting their 3rd child, a boy.  Of course this flannel was in my stash.  I intend to stitch together, edging with the white ric-rac in stead of crochet.  While I love the crocheted edged, it's very time consuming!



Again, please forgive the photography!  The original inspiration came from here:

http://www.littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2011/07/no-hemstitch-crochet-edge-receiving.html

So after this blanket is complete, I think I'll applique some onesies, make some booties, and maybe some hats. Oh, and how about some of those cute little clips to hold a binky!  My head is spinning!  I gotta get busy!!!!

Make it an awesome day!
Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment