Sunday, February 10, 2013

It's Wine Night....er Craft Night.....


Or as My Love calls it, Girl's Gossip Night.  No matter the name, it means the same thing.  A fun, inexpensive, night with the girls, where something is actually being accomplished!




It started a couple of years ago. My friend Debbie, AKA Honeylove, started hosting a group of us to her house once a week to work on a craft.  Any craft or project we needed to get done. We laughed, snacked, crafted, and enjoyed a little wine, too.  About a year after we started getting together my Honeylove went back to school to finish her RN.  (I'm sooo proud of her.)  She could no longer host because she was working and going to school.  Step in my friend Tonya, AKA Chicka!  (Don't you think it odd that grown women, who are mothers and even grandmothers, have nicknames for each other???  Don't be jealous!  You know you wish you had a Honeylove or Chicka!)  



Anyway, My Chicka started hosting at her house last fall.  Pretty much every Thursday we get together for crafting, food, and wine.  Oh, and maybe a little gossip!  During craft night I have managed to make Christmas cards, crochet blankets, make bracelets, work on quilts, and the list goes on.  More important it's a time to get together with girlfriends, and relax.  I love it.


This wreath was My Chicka's project this week.  I love it!!!  She cut circles out of red felt.  Then cut into a spiral.  She rolled the spirals up into roses, and hot glued them to a straw wreath. Adorable!!!

If you're in the Dayton area, and want to join us on a Thursday, just let us know.  You'll be glad you did!

Make it an awesome day!
Lori











No comments:

Post a Comment