Thursday, December 27, 2012

And Christmas Continues....

So how was your Christmas?  I hope it was filled with lots of love.  Our Christmas continues as my brother and sister, along with their families, came to town yesterday.  We are celebrating Christmas with them this evening.  I love week-long holidays!!!!

My Love totally surprised me with a new camera!  My old camera needed a new battery, and it would've cost almost as much as a new camera.  So Mr. Practical  bought the new camera.  I love it!    Maybe you'll see some decent pictures on here now.  But I warn you, I am still learning how to use it!

One of our traditions every year is to have an ornament exchange between the women of our family.  The ornament can be handmade, or store-bought.  I always make my ornaments because I have more crafting supplies than anyone should be allowed to own.  (My best-friend says I have an addiction, and need a 12 step program.  I tell her she is right there with me!)

This year I made these cute little wreaths.  I simply crocheted around a metal ring, and attached a jingle bell.  What I think boosted the cute factor is the packaging.  I grabbed some clothes pins, used embossing ink and gold powder to give them sparkle.  I punched circles out of old sheet music, and glued a little snowflake to my circles.  I attached these to the clothes pins, and even attached a magnet to the back so they can be reused.  I put the ornaments in a cellophane bag, and closed them with the clothespins.  Cute! Cute! Cute!

Do you have any traditions?  Please share!!!!

Make it an awesome day!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment