Monday, December 3, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!

I love Christmas!!!  Who doesn't????  But I have a rule.  I won't put up any Christmas decorations, wrap any presents, or listen to any Christmas music until December 1.  My son's birthday is November 30, and I want to enjoy his special day without worrying if someone will tumble into the Christmas tree.  His birthday was Friday, but we had his dinner last night.  So...today was the day!!!!  My first holiday craft project of the season!!!!


I wanted to make a little wreath for my cubicle at work.  I gathered my supplies:

Sheer Ribbon
Inside ring of embroidery hoop
Thin wire
Snowflake Embellishments


I started by cutting my ribbon into approximate 14 inch lengths.  I looped them around, just as though I were making a bow.  Rather than tying, I gathered the loopers (my word for them) with a piece of wire approximately 6 inches long. After making a huge pile, I attached them to the hoop.




 I scattered my little snowflake embellishments, and glued them to the loopers.  Voila.....a very cute and inexpenseive little wreath to bring some holiday cheer to my cubie.  What do you think???  Pretty stinkin' cute!!!!

What I love about this time of the year is making homemade gifts, and decorations.  I've made my own Christmas cards for probably 12 years.  I love it!  So, look forward to some inspiration this month!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment