Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy 2013!!!!!!

Are you a maker of resolutions, or goal maker???  Personally, I like making goals.  For one reason, I like making lists.  As I complete a goal, I check it off the list!  Also, for me it's easier to track. I list the steps I need to complete the goal, again checking them off after completion.  When all steps are complete, the goal has been reached!

For the last 3 years, I've had a goal of reading 12 books within a year.  Now, I read all the time.  I love reading blogs, magazines, news articles, etc.  My big-girl job is spent reading legal documents aalll ddaaayyyy llooonnnnggggg.  Yes, it gets a little boring. When I was young my mom used to say "She'd rather read than eat."  (I promise that is not true, but you get the point.)  That habit followed me well into adulthood.  

That is, until about 4 years ago.  It was during the time my dad was ill, and I was going through a divorce.  The thought of reading a book for enjoyment was not something I could even think about doing.  I don't know why it happened because reading was often an escape for me.  Or a way of relaxing.  Or sparked my creativity.  Or....Or....Or....I still don't quite understand why I struggle so much anymore, and hence the reason for the goal.  

I am happy to say 2012 is the year I have actually achieved that goal!  Yippeeee!!!!  Here's what I read in 2012:

The Chamber by John Grisham
The Pelican Brief by John Grisham
The Wedding Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
The Painted House by John Grisham
The Associate by John Grisham
The Last Juror by John Grisham
Heartwood by Belva Plain
Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey
The Sight of the Stars by Belva Plain
Sonoma Rose by Jennifer Chiaverini
1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber
The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom

Boy, was I on a John Grisham kick, or what?  I love reading Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek Quilt series.  That series inspired me to try hand-quilting, which I love to do!  Of course, Dave Ramsey is kind of in your face, but his financial wisdom stands the test of time.  I think everyone should read his book, even if you are financially stable.  It's just good sense.  I am really enjoying The Five People You Meet in Heaven.  Yes, I said enjoying.  I have about 50 pages left to read.  My Love has to work tonight, so we have no plans for the evening.  I will finish my book, and accomplish my goal, before midnight!

What are you reading?  I need to make my reading list for 2013!

I pray the next year is happy and blessed for all of you and your families.  Be safe!!!!

Make it an Awesome Year!!!!!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment