Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thrifting at The Veranda







See this girl?  Love her!  I got to spend all day with her yesterday!   Anytime my adult children want to spend the day with me is a day in paradise!  It does not happen often enough!





We loaded My Doodlebug, and Sweet Sister Hope into the car, and hit the thrift stores!  Some awesome deals were to be had!  We even hit the fabric store, and Wal-Mart before heading home.  My Doodlebug and I worked on a project together.  It's not finished, but I will share photos when we are done.  Then, we grilled burgers and hot dogs for dinner.  What an awesome day!  I feel so lucky!

So tell me...are you a thrift store junkie?  I am!!!  I love searching the shelves and racks for something I know I can transform into something wonderful!  It's the ultimate form of recycling, too!  Today's haul included:



Three mirrors (for a gallery wall of mirrors), two photo holders (for my desk at work), to unfinished birdhouses (a project for My Doodlebug), two platters (to be hung in my dining room), two yards of fabric (for a shade and pillows), an angel plaque (to be transformed into something unknown, but fabulous!), and daily  schedule pad (to be used in my paper crafts).  Not shown are 3 flower pots, and a roll of wrapping paper for my daughter.



This cute little t-shirt looks better in person!  I think I need a mannequin to share my clothing deals!  And the deal of the day.......



See that little triangle thingy?  It says Prada.  Now, I don't know if it's a Prada, in fact I doubt it.  I'm inclined to believe it's a knock-off.  Regardless, I love it!  It was $15, which is more than I usually pay for a thrift store purse, but if it's really a Prada?  That's one heck of a deal!  If not?  Still not a bad deal for a purse that I love!

All of this yummy goodness came to a grand total of just under $40, including tax!  But the real deal of the day was spending an entire day with My Girl!  That is priceless!

Update:  We finally found a camera cord on-line!  Woohoo!  It has been ordered, and will arrive later this week!  Thank you for your patience with these less than stellar photos I've shared this past week! 

Make it an awesome day!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment